The exceptional climatic conditions made it possible , park in Tivat , which is the largest in the Bay of succeeding in various examples of exotic plants which were brought by seamen from all meredijana world . City Park is the largest landscaped park in Montenegro. The richness of plant species park was acquired former custom that every seafarer Tivat back from his trip a tree to be planted in this area .
City park founded in 1892 , as evidenced by the inscription on the memorial postvljenom in the park from which , translated from German reads : ” This prk founded 1892.goodine former Navy admiral Friherr Von Sterneck . The construction was led by commanders of ships Hnatek , Padevit Ziegler , Denning , Heinrich and C.Lanjuz as manager Nedwich ” .
In order to maintain the tradition , a park preserve , 2006th was launched action ” your tree in our park ,” which means that every citizen can occasion it important event ( wedding , birth of a child , diploma ..) to donate a tree will be planted in the park .
The most important species that thrive in the park are :
- Araucaria bidwilli ( Australian dishes )
- Pinus halepensis ( Aleppo pine)
- Magnolia Grandiflora ( Magnolia Velikocvijetna )
- Liliflora magnolia ( Magnolia ljiljanocvijetna )
- Pinus pinea ( pine nut )
- Cedrus Atlanticus ( Cedar )
- Semervirens Cupressus ( cypress)
- Platanus occidentalis ( planes)
- Platanus orijentalis ( planes)
- Melia azedarach ( Melia )
- Ceratonia silqua ( Carob )
- Aeculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut )
- Ablizia julibrissin
- Laurus nobilis ( laurels )
- Prunus laurocerasus ( laurel cherry )
- Eucalyptus globulus ( eucalyptus )